I came across this recipe on the internet( in a video) and it looked so easy, I thought I’ll give it a shot. The recipe originally called for using Fettuccine pasta, but I prefer Penne ( as my kids can eat that easily without making a big mess!). Since I didn’t have any specific written recipe to follow, I put in stuff according to my own taste.. feel free to change the quantities according to your liking.
Chicken Penne Pasta With Alfredo Sauce:
Serves about 3-4 people Download Recipe Card
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Thin slices)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 Cup Cooking Cream
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Penne Pasta
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Boil pasta in salt water with a few drops of oil.
- Heat butter in a moderate hot skillet and add chicken slices and half of the crushed garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Take the chicken out and in the same skillet put the rest of the garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and after a few minutes add the cooking cream and let it simmer.
- Add parmesan cheese (as much as you like – I used about 2-3 tbsp 🙂 ).
- Now add the chicken to the sauce.
- Add the boil pasta in the sauce and chop fresh basil and add to it (I didn’t have it at that time, so mine was without basil).
- Serve immediately with some more parmesan sprinkled on top.
The kids loved it! It was so simple and quick to make.. and tasted as good as any restaurant. I don’t think I am ordering Pasta with Alfredo Sauce at any restaurant any time soon (quite content with this one!).