Frittata is an egg-based dish similar to an omelette or basically a crustless quiche. The best part is that you can make so many variations by using different combinations of veggies and meats in it. This recipe is by my friend Naveen and while she was in Doha, I never asked her for her recipe cause she spoilt us by making it for us whenever we craved it, but since she moved I had to ask her for recipe and make it myself.
My kids absolutely love it! It’s such an easy, no fuss recipe and the perfect addition to any brunch menu!
Makes 8 servings
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cooking Cream ( 1/4 cup milk + 1/4 cup cream)
- 3-4 Green Onions (chopped – keep greens and white separately)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 Capsicum (diced)
- 1 cup Sweetcorn (a small can)
- 1/2 cup Cheese (shredded)
- 3/4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Crack all the eggs in one bowl, add cream, cheese (save some for the end), green onion (green part -save some for end), 1/4 tbsp butter, salt and pepper. Mix well and keep this egg mixture aside.
- In an oven safe pan, sauté onions (the white part of the green onions) and garlic in 1/2 tbsp butter on medium heat.
- Add all the diced vegetables, one at a time and sauté after each addition for about a min or two.
- Add the egg mixture to it and let it set for a bit. Keep bringing the mixture it in the middle from the edges.
- After a few minutes, when the bottom seems set but the egg mixture is still runny/ wobbly on the top, specially in the middle, put the remaining cheese on top and green onions. Slightly mix in the runny top so it doesn’t burn in the oven.
- Now place the pan in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 10-15 minutes. I put it for about 10 minutes on bake and then 4 minutes to broil.
- Keep checking in to see once almost completely set, then take it out of the oven.
- Serve in the pan, or turn over on a plate or serve right side up by using a lid as help.