“I don’t like Aaloo(Potatoes)” .. Said NO ONE EVER! So here is a yum recipe of my mum (which by the way has never failed me) with a secret ingredient that my bhabhi (sister in law) added to it. Here is aaloo to go with Halwa Poori Nashta or parathay.. a regular brunch item in our home.
Aaloo Ki Bhujia
Serves 2-3 persons
- 250 gm. Potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 tsp. Zeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/4 tsp. Kalonji (Nigella Seeds)
- 1/4 tsp. Meithi (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1/4 tsp. Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Haldi (Turmeric Powder)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3-4 Whole Dried Red Chilies
- 1 stem Karhi Patta (Curry Leaves)
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tsp. Imli Paste (Tamarind)
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp. Mixed Pickle (The Secret Ingredient)
- Fry zeera and whole red chilies in oil till it turns a little brown.
- Add Aaloo and all the spices (kalonji, meithi, saunf, red chili powder, haldi, salt and karhi patta) and fry for a few more minutes. Then add about 1 cup water and let it cook covered on low heat.
- When the potatoes are soft, mash a little, add imli paste and the pickle and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and green chilies.
For other related recipes of the Halwa Poori, Click Here
4 thoughts on “Recipe Of The Week – Aaloo Ki Bhujia”
Pingback: Recipe Of The Week – Halwa Poori Nashta | Diary of a PMP mom
Pingback: Desi Everyday Menu Suggestions with Recipe Links - The Desi Wonder Woman
Thank u for sharing my recipe x
Pingback: Aloo Ki Bhujia (Potatoes Curry) - Pukka Halal