And here is the last one of the Halwa Poori Nashta series :). This again is a Shireen Anwer recipe with some additions by my mom. This made really yummy cholay ka salan that goes so perfectly with the halwa and poori. Without making you guys wait any further.. here is the recipe.
Serves 4-5 persons
- 1 lb. Boiled Cholay (Chick Peas)
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tbsp. Onions (Chopped)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Zeera (Cumin Seeds – Roasted and crushed)
- 1 tsp. Dhanya Seeds (Coriander Seeds – Roasted and crushed)
- 1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Haldi
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger Paste (or Powder)
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tsp. Mixed Pickle
- 2 Tomatoes (Blended into paste)
- 1 tsp. Imli Paste (Tamarind)
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp. Coriander Leaves
- Fry onions in oil till they are brown.
- Then add all the spices(salt, zeera, dhanya, red chili powder, haldi, ginger paste and garam masala) and after frying for about 2-3 minutes .
- Add tomato paste and let it cook covered till the oil comes up.
- Then add the chickpeas and a little water (so it covers the cholay).
- When done, add imli and pickle, a pinch of garam masala, mash it a bit and then add green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Done! Enjoy with the Halwa Poori Nashta.
For related recipes, click HERE