Mint lemonade is a very popular drink in the Middle East.. its very refreshing indeed. But this recipe is the ‘King’ of all Mint Lemonades 😀 , as it has the King of Fruits, Mango (in its raw form, called kairis) involved in it!
So this is basically a cross between the “Aam Ka Abshola” and “Mint Lemonade”. I had it at my cousins place and fell in love.. instantly!
So here it is for you guys..
Mango Mint Lemonade
Makes approx. 1 cup (of the Concentrated syrup) Download Recipe Card
For the Concentrated Syrup:
- 2 Raw Mangoes (kairis)
- 1/4 tsp. Kaala Namak
- A pinch of Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Mint Leaves (Podina)
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 tbs. Sugar
Note: These are rough estimates as it totally depends on how sour the kairis are, so feel free to adjust according to your taste. But remember, this makes the concentrated syrup, which will get diluted later.
- Ice cubes
- Chilled 7 up/ Sprite /Club soda
- Boil the kairis for about half an hour so it becomes soft. Cool and peel the skin and take the pulp out. (I usually make a big batch and keep it in the fridge, hence so many kairis in the picture 🙂 )
- Blend the pulp, mint and lemon juice together. Add Kaala namak, salt , pepper and sugar and cook on medium flame for about 5-10 minutes till the sugar dissolves. Cool and refrigerate this concentrated syrup.
- To serve, add about 2 tbsp. of this concentrated syrup, ice cubes and about a cup of Sprite to it and blend.
- Pour in glass and serve.
TIP: You can make a big batch and freeze them in the ice cube tray for a instant lemonade.
Beat the heat this summer… with this refreshing drink!
Check my other recipes HERE.