What do I say about this.. perfectly sweet , meringue dessert with whipped cream and berries on top! I mean.. really.. I have NO words.. to explain how amazing this dessert .. made of egg whites (well mostly 😉 )…. Its absolutely YUM!
Another of my favorites from Naveen’s desserts..and here she is sharing her recipe (and TIPS!!) to make this extraordinary dessert from just ordinary egg whites! Enjoy!
- 4 Egg Whites*
- 225 gm. Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp. Corn Flour
- 1 tsp. White Vinegar
- 250 to 300 ml Whipping Cream
- Mixed Berries
* I normally make two desserts for a dinner/party, so whenever I make Pavlova, I try and pair it with Tiramisu so as to use up the egg yolks. However there are tips available online that tells you how to freeze egg yolks for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C/ 325 F/ gas mark 3-4. Place a baking paper on a cookie sheet or a half sheet and make an eight inch round mark for guidance.
- Place the egg whites into a freestanding mixer or a large bowl (if using hand mixer). Make sure the bowl is completely grease free before placing the egg whites into it. TIP: To ensure that the bowl is completely grease free, rub it with half a lemon or wipe the bowl with vinegar.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks are reached.
- Then gradually add the sugar a few spoons at a time. Make sure to thoroughly mix the sugar into the egg whites between each addition.
- Once all the sugar in combined, beat the mixture for another 3 to 4 minutes, wiping down the bowl a couple of times in between.
- Now add the corn flour and vinegar and beat the mixture further for another minute or so.
- Empty out the contents of the bowl onto the baking sheet lined with baking parchment inside the 8 inch circle. Spread it from the middle so that the edges are higher than the middle so that the cream can sit in the middle.
- Place it in the baking sheet into the oven, close the door and bring the temperature down to 100C/gas mark 1.
- Bake for one and a half hour. Then turn the oven off but leave the meringue in there to cool. (I make it the night before in order for it to cool down in the oven overnight.)
- When you are ready to serve, whip up the cream to soft peaks and pour in the middle part of the meringue.
- Now place the mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blue berries and black berries) like rubies.Enjoy!!
- A summer variation of Berry Pavlova is to replace the berries with mango and passion fruit. It also works a treat!
- I have also used the same recipe to make mini meringues. You can also add food coloring to it to make it more fun. Just have to adjust the baking time.
Check my other recipes HERE