This Pizza will make you want, to NEVER order Pizza ever again! (except for the times you are lazy and do not want to cook… and we all have those days, so I am not judging at all!). It makes delicious Pizza with the perfect crust.. and its super easy! So lets get to business.. but before that I have to give the credits for the Recipe to Fauzia’s Kitchen Fun! I have tried a few of her recipes and they have turned out great too.
The Perfect Homemade Pizza
Makes two medium size pizzas. Serves about 4 adults.
For the Dough:
- 2 1/2 Cups All-purpose/plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 5 tbsp. Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Instant Yeast (use 2 tsp. for colder climates)
- 2 Pinches Baking Powder
- Warm milk mixed with a bit of water for kneading
For the Toppings:
These can be anything you like.. I used the below..
- Chicken Tikka Chunks
- Black Olives
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
For the Dough:
- Mix all the dry ingredients and the oil, then slowly start adding the warm milk a little at a time. Get it to a soft dough, the softer the better, knead it very well for at least 8 minutes or more if possible.
- Dab a touch of oil all over the dough, then cover it and place it somewhere warm. Leave it to rise to double its size, takes about 30 minutes to an hour depending on the weather.
- Once risen, punch it down, give it a quick knead. I divide it into two and then roll it out to two (about 8-10 inches diameter)base and place on your greased pizza pan/tray. Again cover the tray with a light cloth/towel and let the base rest/rise slightly for about 15-20 minutes. (This is very important before you put the toppings on. The pizza crust will rise again during this time.. )
- Poke the dough with a fork or make slits with a knife, so that the air can escape when cooking and you won’t get the uneven/bubbly pizza crust.
The Homemade Pizza:
- I normally just get a good quality ready made pizza sauce.. you can make you own if you like. Spread the sauce evenly on the uncooked crust.
- Then sprinkle some Mozzarella cheese on it before you start putting the toppings on. This will help the toppings stick to the crust and will not let it fall off the pizza when you eat.
- For the Chicken Tikka chunks.. you can either just shred any left over chicken tikka you have or can make specially for the pizza…(Just marinate the boneless chicken strips in Chicken Tikka Masala (I use Shan Tikka Masala) with some ginger and garlic paste and some vinegar. Marinate it for a couple of hours(I do it over night) and then pan fry it on my grill pan. To add the authentic touch and the smoked flavor of tikka.. give it dhooni with a coal when done). Spread some on the pizza.
- Chop all the other toppings you want to add and put them one by one.. and then add the cheddar and mozzarella cheese on it. Make sure you don’t over-pile your pizza. Be generous but not overly so. Remember, the base has not been baked beforehand. Too much weight could restrict the base from rising well during baking.
- Drizzle some ketchup over the cheese. It gives the pizza a magnificent color once baked. If you like, you can sprinkle some oregano on the pizza or chili powder if you like it extra spicy.
- I made two different types of Pizzas, the above one.. for the kids and the other one with Jalapeno Peppers and Pineapples (a Hawaiian /Mexican twist – my favorite!)
- Bake the pizza in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 20-25mins. Keep an eye on it and adjust the baking time according to your oven. It could take more or less time.
- When you get the pizza out of the oven, give it some time to rest (about 5-10 mins) so that the cheese can settle and cool very slightly. Slice it up into 8 slices and serve with a salad and garlic bread.
And the Perfect Homemade Pizza is ready!
Okay, writing this post has made me super hungry and craving this pizza (btw leftover is still in the fridge but won’t be for long.. buhahaha!).
Give it a shot! You will love the crust! Till then.. Ciao!