This is a salad, I love.. its my own creation.. To be fair…this used to my regular order at one of my favorite restaurants.. and one fine day when I couldn’t find it on the menu.. I asked the waiter and he told me it was discontinued!! (what a cruel thing to do!). I was left with no choice but to try to recreate it myself.. and over time I have come very close (I think…).
Chicken Liver Salad
Serves 1-2 persons (depends on what you are eating it with… ) Download Recipe Card
- A bunch of Rocket Leaves (also known as Arugula or Roquette)
- 450 gm. Chicken Liver
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1-2 tsp. Pomegranate Molasses
- 1/2 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Chat Masala
- 2 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2-3 tsp. Crushed Garlic
Ingredients for Salad Dressing:
- 2 tbsp. Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 Lemon (Juice)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- a pinch of freshly crushed black pepper
- Sauté the garlic in oil on about medium heat, for a couple of minutes.
- Add the liver and fry for a couple of more minutes and then add salt, chili, vinegar, soy sauce & chat masala and cook covered until its done.(about 15 minutes …)
- Then add the brown sugar and the 1 tsp. Pomegranate molasses (to add the sweet touch) for a few minutes and beautiful glaze comes on top. (DO NOT over cook the liver , or else its gets hard and chewy!). Liver is done.. let it cool down and come to room temperature.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and give it a good shake. Dressing done.
- Now place the rocket leaves around in the serving plate, put the liver in the middle and sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the rocket leaves.
- Pour the dressing, right before serving it and Enjoy!
You can also throw in some walnuts or pecans on top!.. I an not a huge NUT case , sorry fan…(LOL).
Until next time, Ciao.
Visit the Recipe Section of my page HERE to see more recipes..