My mum would always came up with clever ways to recycle left over food. So whenever she would make Qeema, she would use the left over Qeema the next day as either the filling for cutlets or up-cycle them into these yummy Qeema Spaghetti and that would guarantee that there would be no left overs.
I usually use the left over qeema, but will add the ingredients of the simple qeema my mums makes.
These desi noodles are such a comfort food and is my childhood on a plate..
Serves 4-5 persons
For Qeema (Minced Meat)
- 500 gm minced Meat (Beef, Chicken, Mutton)
- 2 medium Onion (finely sliced)
- 3 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger -Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup chopped Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Capsicum
- 1 cup chopped Cabbage
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly crushed Black Pepper
- 1 packed boiled Spaghetti (with a pinch of salt and a few tsp of oil)
- Fry the onions in oil till they turn light brown, Then add the qeema and fry with ginger garlic paste for a few minutes.
- Then add all the spices, tomatoes and a cup of water and let it cook on low – medium heat till the qeema is done and the oil separates.
- If you have any left over cooked qeema, skip the first 2 steps.
- In a pan, stir fry the chopped vegetables for a few minutes and then add the vinegar, soy sauce and black pepper to it.
- Add the cooked qeema and boiled spaghetti to it and mix everything.
- Serve with ketchup!